Monday 27 July 2015

Entering the Deep, Deep Ocean...

... feeling the relentless pull of the Tides, powered by the Moon, whirling, floating, submerging...


Words are still a jumble... they pour out, but sentences will not form... not even into Poetry... 

But some of Mary's words hit home - hard in my belly...


Losing our connection with our natural gifts and desires is like the ocean losing her connection with the moon...
(Reclaiming the Wild Soul, p.55)



Since the stroke I have lost many connections - physical nerve connections, and inner soul connections... Hence I am lost in this Ocean... But seeing Mary's words reminded me the Moon is something that grounds me, calls to me, inspires me, and I somehow her relationship to the Ocean is key to me and my Wild Soul.

I cannot articulate any of this yet, so I made a collage instead... 



The only words I added were 'Enduring Beauty' clipped from a magazine ad. The ambiguous nature of the verb 'to endure' has always appealed... Beauty that lasts the ages like Egon Schiele's and Picasso's women, and William Blake's creations; but also the raw, wild Beauty of Life that pummels and terrifies... the Awe-full Beauty of Nature...

Left-hand page



I do love that I found an image with the words 'Body' and 'Soul' inscribed on pebbles and that bowl of lavender crystals looks like a Full Moon... 

Right-hand page



I have hidden images under the wild woman and the shell flaps (top right)... I choose not to share them...

My own words are tumbling like beach pebbles, but at least now I know the direction I have to take... Upriver, lit by Moonlight, back to the Source of my Ocean (According to Amy Palko, the Holly Moon is a time to ponder what 'coming back to Source' means for each of us... strange but true...).

I know somehow my Source is the Moon, and I know I have to navigate the rivers that feed my Soul Ocean my 'natural gifts and desires', and these rivers start somewhere high in the Mountains... the next landscape...





2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, your collage with the blue colour all over should send tranquility, peace, but not this one, I can feel the anxiety, the lack of ground in it. Hope that with the full moon you can find your quiet space again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth, it means such a lot when people comment, and even more when they show their care and understanding... Thank you, my dear friend xx

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot. They show I'm not alone. Thank you!