Tuesday 5 January 2016

Day 5 - Essential Renewal

I love the Sage Wisdom in today's email:

Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort. 
Deborah Day

Both Sage and Nourish were possible Words for 2016 - as was Renewal :) So I've been pondering these concepts for a while already...

One of things I knew was 'essential renewal' for me, was getting back to weekly hydrotherapy sessions. The hospital's pool has been closed for 3 weeks for maintenance. I occasionally go for 2 weeks between sessions, but 3 weeks is a pain-filled, lengthy stretch!

My joints and muscles get stiffer and stiffer (the cold, damp weather doesn't help!), so by today's 9.30am appointment I could barely move, and every movement hurt...

But as I entered the warm water, everything started to relax, and as the minutes passed, I could move more and more freely...


After lunch, I slept deeply for over 2 hours, and now, I can feel each muscle and joint renewed and nourished. I don't exactly feel like a New Woman, but I do feel a much more relaxed and more mobile one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot. They show I'm not alone. Thank you!