Tuesday 17 November 2015

Tarot Tuesday

I'm still drawing a card every day as I participate in NaNoWriMo.


After a difficult week last week, and the tragedy in Paris on Friday, I've lagged behind the expected word-count (if I want to pass the finish post on 30 November).

But this card gives me encouragement and reminds me to pause and assess - both what I've achieved so far, and want it need to do in the coming days.

The corn is ripening, and the long days of summer are shortening, but even the busy squirrel has time to pause on the woman's shoulder, as she greets him.

I've always liked the earthy pentacle cards in the Tarot, and I just love in this deck that every pentacle card includes silvery cobwebby threads... To show that everything is connected - the woman, the tree, the squirrel, the little black rabbit at her feet.

May we always remember this as we grieve with those who mourn, as we celebrate with those who rejoice, as we encourage and support in any way we can.



2 comments:

  1. Claire, what a beautiful card. Everytime I see these cards I want them but I didn't want to pay the price. Then I thought maybe they are available here. I found them on Amazon so now they are on their way to me. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope you're pleased with them, Kate! I LOVE them, and the box they came in :)
      Less keen on the book - as very shiny paper and I find it hard to read - but the cards themselves are GORGEOUS!

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot. They show I'm not alone. Thank you!