Tuesday 4 August 2015

Honouring the Mountain...

Preparing to descend the Mountain and enter the Grasslands, I made this collage - I think it pretty much sums up what an amazing experience this past week has been!


Left-hand page


An image cut from a magazine looking like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music declaring, 'I'm free!'; postcards of favourite famous artworks by Gaugin and Rossetti; the words 'self I can see clearly now', and a Papaya art postcard with the words

Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith.
Margaret Shepherd

Right-hand page


In the bottom right is a page from an old Susan Seddon Boulet diary with the artwork Cybele (1988) and the quote:
Courage is like a muscle.
We strengthen it with use.
Ruth Gordon

I'm hoping I can remember this and use my Courage muscle more and more...

And images that I think convey what a holy experience I've had on the Mountain... The wee jewels represent the chakras - when I first listened to the recording of last week's phone call, in the meditation, I sank down into my base, bedrock chakra, and gradually rose up through the chakras, activating each one, till all were spinning wildly and I felt I would indeed erupt through my crown spewing forth golden light...

I will remember exactly how that felt every time I look at this page and these wee, sacred jewels...
Wow, what a week indeed!





1 comment:

  1. Boulet and the Post-Raphaelites are some of my favorite artists, too, Claire! I read your profile regarding your recovery from your stroke -- and continuing that courage! -- and want to share with you a wonderful movement program based on neuroplasticity that a friend of mine has developed. It is an amazing program which I believe will change the face of aging and elder health (not that you are an elder, of course; you're a Matriarch!) around the world. Please check it out at www.agelessgrace.com. Are you in the UK? We have trainers and educators there, too, as well as tools to learn how to practice at home. Let me know what you think. Peace AND Prosperity, sistah. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot. They show I'm not alone. Thank you!